PINDI: A Government Postgraduate College for Women student died in the institute’s hostel after being bitten by a poisonous insect.
The student, identified as Urooj, fell ill after the insect bit her on Thursday night. Students protesting against her death alleged that they had informed the warden about her condition but she was not taken to the hospital and was given wrong medicine.
Urooj hailed from Fateh Jang and was enrolled at the BS programme at the institute.
A classmate explained that Urooj was breathing on Friday morning but later died because she was not given appropriate medical care.
On the other hand, the institute’s administration attempted to declare her death as suicide while others claimed that Urooj had a hole in her heart.
Her body has been shifted to District Headquarters Hospital for medico-legal formalities.